About FileTime, Why we formed, and who we are
We developed FileTime using two overarching goals:
- Provide the fastest and most reliable eFiling service provider functions in the CA eFiling system for our customers
- Keep listening to our customer base to further refine and improve our service.
- Through many years of one-on-one work with attorneys, firm administrators, and firm support teams we learned that:
- Fast and reliable customer service is critical because wasted time is so costly to law firms.
- National service providers are often more concerned about their bottom lines than about service to their customers.
- Law firms want integrated solutions to reduce, wherever possible, redundant and inefficient tasks.
- Law firms want easy to learn and use software solutions that do not require extensive training.
- Small, nimble service providers like FileTime can succeed very well when they provide a great service and value to their customers.
I am a graduate of Texas A&M University and I’ve worked in a number of fields. But, I really felt my calling during my time with ProDoc®. I interacted regularly with attorneys and law firms of all sizes. From this experience I gained a great appreciation of the challenges and frustrations faced by attorneys on a daily basis.
I also gained a tremendous appreciation of challenges and rewards of efficiency and cost savings that technology brings to practitioners. The plaudits heaped upon ProDoc documents assembly software by law firms large and small offered ample testimony to that effect.
While at ProDoc we developed an appreciation that eFiling offered similar advances in efficiency and we were among the first service providers in the original eFiling for Courts system. I took a leadership position in that product and grew our market share to 60+% through providing great service and a reasonable fee.
Upon hearing about the transition from eFiling for Courts to eFiling Manager I saw a tremendous opportunity to develop a completely new eFiling system. I wanted to combine the latest technology to provide efficiency and reliability for our customers and new features to further boost firm efficiency.
With the help of my partner, Bud Panjwani, I believe you will agree that we developed the premier eFiling service provider system in eFiling Manager.
As a FileTime user, you are participating in the culmination of my dreams. FileTime represents the compilation of all my skills and knowledge as a programmer. I have more than twelve years of development experience with the US Air Force, a medical device manufacturer, a government intelligence agency, a desktop software manufacturer, and another Texas eFiling Service provider. But, FileTime is the first time I have had a totally free hand to marry that experience with the latest technology to create a really unique product.
Most software developers are constrained by corporate policy, legacy systems, and education-dated management to using outdated software development tools. The result often shows as software applications that are slow and fail to take advantage of the latest features of browser development. You’ll find that FileTime is incredibly fast and unbelievably reliable. Reliability is a subjective term but I expect that we are the only eFiling service provider in CA that can claim that 75% of our code is backed by internal automated system testing. If nearly any area of our code should malfunction for any reason, our internal diagnostics will immediately notify my team as to the area and the nature of the failure. This will enable us to quickly address any issues that arise.
So, thank you for choosing FileTime and my team and I look forward to serving your eFiling in a reliable and efficient manner for many years.